Monday, October 26, 2009

Snow Lights

This one is for Lisa's Winter nail art contest.
In Singapore, its sometimes joked that our 4 seasons are warm, very warm, hot, very hot.
I've never experienced winter, so all my ideas of winter are from picture, photos and stories.

Here are the polishes used today


Orly Pixie Dust,
OPI Alphine Snow,
Konad Special Polish in White,
and cheap white nail art striper.

Swatch of Orly Pixie Dust, 3 coats.
If you wearing this on its own, I would suggest doing 4 coats.


The day was overcast when I did this.
So I also included a shot with the camera flash.


I really like this colour
(might also partly be a result of an overdose of pinks and greens)
Pixie Dust is a glass flecked blue-grey.
I picked this one cos it reminds me of the winter skies I've seen in some pictures.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of winter is snow and snow flakes.
The next thins that came to mind was Christmas lights.
So I combined the 2 and came up with this:






Only managed to get 1 decent indoor shot

I'm trying my hand at doing regular weekly picture tutorials.
Pls let me know if this doesn't work and I should scrap it or how else I can improve.
I must apologise though that at this point, I can't do videos cos heh, no vid cam and no editor =)


Step 1: Paint base coat and the base colour.
Step 2: Paint the ring finger with top coat (for konad).
While waiting for the ring finger to dry, proceed with doing the other nails.


Step 3: Using a dotting tool (or a pin),


proceed to do a line of dots.
This is supposed to resemble those lights you hang around the Christmas trees.


Step 4: Using the nail art striper, draw in the simplified snowflake
Step 5: Repeat the same for the other nails (excluding the ring finger).


Step 6: Using Konad plate m59, konad the snowflakes onto the ring finger. I've since learnt that you'll have to work fast with Konad otherwise the images won't transfer properly.
Step 7: Wait a while to dry before doing your topcoat.
Step 8 (optional): Using nail art glue, place clear rhinestones onto the centre of each konaded snowflake.

Hope you like this one =)

6 comments:

Evil Angel said...

I like it, it's very pretty!

gildedangel said...

That is so pretty!!!!

Lucy said...

This is a great interpretation of winter. I like your manicure.

thriszha said...

ohhhhhhh.... this is superb.. i love it...good luck in the contest!!

skgoh said...

Very pretty! Is it hard to do the same nail art on your dominant hand (i.e. using your non-dominant hand)? It looks like it would be really difficult :(

Berry T said...

Thank you everyone! =)

skgoh,
my non-dominant hand of cos isnt as good as the other one, its slightly shakier actually. but I just do it more slowly and try to stablise my hand. Practice helps too =)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB