Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Getting a little tired of Greens and Pinks

I didn't really like the earlier pink mani that I sported
Even some of the people around me didn't really like it;
Had one friend who went, "So Sweet! NOT YOU!"
So here's the new one that I did on Monday


Polishes used are:
Nfu-Oh #157,
OPI Greenwich Village,
OPI Alphine Snow,
Art Club striper in Green,
Art Club striper in Emerald Green,
and cheap $1 silver glitter striper.


Swatch of Nfu-Oh #157, 3 coats.


and this one is taken with flash.
Pic makes it look like its glowing in the dark eh =)

NOTD:





And since I had time on my hands that day, I also did a piture tutorial.


Step 1: Paint Base Coat
Step 2: Paint the base colour first.
I usually go for a lighter-coloured base for the simple reason that its easier to cover and contrast a light-coloured polish with a darker one.


Step 3: Using a darker-coloured polish, paint from bottom left of nail to the top right part. You can do it as a straight line across, or if you're more adventurous, you could do a curve like mine.
Don't worry too much about getting a clean line. You can always go over with another coat. Plus in this case, it'll eventually be "covered up" with the striper.


Step 4: Choose another contrasting coloured striper. Draw the outline in the same direction as you did with the polish in step 3.


Step 5: Using the glitter striper, do the same in step 4. However this time, start approx one-quarter from above the base.


Step 6: With another contrasting coloured striper, repeat the same step but this time, it's more of a tiny line that starts slightly above and ends before the glitter line


Step 7: Add in the white dots using either a dotting tool or a pin
Step 8: Apply top coat and you're done!
*phew! not easy to try to describe the steps!*

Had time so even the toes had a little nail art on them too =)


Right foot.


and the left one.

I'm getting a little tired of seeing Pinks and Greens on my tips.
Might end up doing a totally different colour for the next nail art.

7 comments:

gildedangel said...

That is so cute! I love it!

Triskit said...

Looks great!! Green is my favorite color!!

Berry T said...

gildedangel,
glad you do! =)

Triskit,
Love your profile pic! She's beautiful!

chocaddict said...

that's really pretty, it looks fresh and springy, I really like it a lot

thanks fot the tutorial :)

Berry T said...

you're most welcome dear! =)

Lucy said...

I love your manicure and pedicure! Very pretty. I love the shade of green you used.

Kami Garcia said...

Gorgeous pedicure, it is a pity you are not posting pedi pictures any more :(

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB