Saturday, September 26, 2009

Graduation Mani

I'm going for my graduation later today, so I thought I'll do my mani to match the gown.

I started doing a part-time Masters in Guidance and Counselling course with James Cook University in 2007.
It was tough cos I had to juggle another compulsory course at work, all those assignments from the 2 concurrent courses, work plus my dance commitments.
Sometimes I get so exhausted I just crash when I get home.
Completed everything end of 2008 but cos we missed the convocation date, we could only do it this year!

Well, I'm real glad all that hard work paid off.
Just a couple of days ago, I got an email from the Associate Dean to say that I graduated top of my class?!
I've never topped any kind of classes before!
Still feeling kinda stunned here...

Yeah, so mani to match the gown.
Gown's black with a goldish-yellow sash.
Unfortuantely, I went through my stash and there was nothing remotely similar to the sash colour.
So I started pulling out all those within the colour family but well, nothing looked as good next to the bottle of OPI Black Onyx as Colour Club's Tangerine Scream.
So there you go, halloween colours for a graduation mani =P

NOTD.

Again something that looks simple.
I have this personal thing that nubbins should look simple, even with nail art.
Its like there's only so little space on the nail, you shouldn't over-do the nail art, or it'll be kinda "crowded".

unfortunately, this one took me longer than most of my other nail art designs.
I can do the french, funky french, reverse french, even landscape designs & all those stuff free-hand.
But the half-moon mani stumps me.
I use the french sticker guides everytime I've attempted one.
& I even "cheat" a little by going over with the Art Club black striper.
Outta the 5 times I've tried doing a half-moon mani, I've only been satisfied with 2.
& this is one of the best I've done so far!
I'm actually super pleased with it =)





Here are the indoor pics




















And ladies (not sure if there are guys),
pls remember to enter yourselves for my giveaway k.
For those of you who might have missed it earlier,
I've added a contest form after a few of you very kindly pointed out about the private followers.
You'll HAVE TO put your name in via the entry form k!
Really don't want any of you to miss out so I'll keep reminding you guys till the contest ends =)

13 comments:

gildedangel said...

Congrats on graduating! Beautiful mani!

Evil Angel said...

Congrats and the mani is fabulous!

catrina said...

Congratulations! That is beautiful!

elashaw said...

congrats on grad!
i'm one of those lame students, who tend to quit when i only need 2 or 3 credits remaining... hopefully i'll get back into the flow and finish off my law clerk soon! great nails too : )

Lucy said...

My goodness top of your class. I'm very proud of you! That's so wonderful to hear. Your manicure will look gorgeous with you gown. Your family must be so proud of you. Hope you'll post some graduation photos.

skgoh said...

Wow, congrats! :)

Berry T said...

Thank you everyone for the well wishes =)

contests and such said...

lovely! Congrats on graduating!

tsnails said...

Congrats on your graduation! I guess you must live close to me, I'm in redcar!

tsnails said...

my bad! I thought you wrote James Cook University Hospital! In my total excitement at thinking I found a local blogger I read so wrong!! Sorry!

adele said...

Hi there. Congrats! Great mani btw~! and i was wondering if it were possible for you to swatch the reflection glitters collection? thinking of buying but not sure which one! thanks in advance(:

Berry T said...

contest and such,
thanks for your well-wishes =)

tsnails,
LOL... for a moment I thought I didn't know where I lived.

adele,
In one of my earlier posts (think it was the one about my 1st konad), I used Reflecting Pool for funky french tip.
Personally, if I had to choose outta the 4, I'll get Reflecting Pool and Rosy Reflection.
Think you can find dupes for the other 2. I'll try to get a proper swatch done soon k =)

徵信社 said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB